If you are looking for the best place to go on vacation, you should consider visiting Lake Okeechobee. Located in Florida, the Lake Okeechobee is the biggest freshwater lake in the southeastern United States offering plenty of shoreline and resting places ideal for a vacation. The shoreline has a number of private and public campgrounds. The private Lake Okeechobee Motorhome Parks offer more amenities such as recreational rooms, wireless internet, and fitness centers while the public campgrounds put you closer to the lake and the natural areas that surround the lake. Some of the top 10 Lake Okeechobee Motorhome Parks that you should make sure that you visit during your vacation include:
1. Topsail Hill Preserve State Park: Situated in the Santa Rosa Beach, the Topsail Hill Preserve State Park lets you enjoy hiking trails that showcase two ultra-rare coastal dune lakes, the Morris and Campbell lakes. You can also take a tram down to the beach from the Gregory E. Moore RV Resort that is in the park.
2. Fort Pickens Campground: The world is fast moving but as you drive on Fort Pickens Road in the Gulf Islands National Seashore, you will feel going back in time to the lost times. The location also hosts about 200 sites, which makes the Fort Pickens Campground in Pensacola an attractive vacation place for beach activities and hiking.
3. Florida Caverns State Park: If you love the natural wonders, the place to go on your vacation is the Florida Caverns State Park in Marianna. At the park, you will enjoy colorful stalactites, stalagmites, and other formations as you take a cave tour. You can also enjoy kayaking on the Chipola River, equestrian camping, biking and hiking at the park.
4. Anastasia State Park: Despite being only 10 minutes away from the St. Augustine downtown, the Anastasia State Park is an amazing place to relax with a lot of options.
5. Juniper Springs National Recreation Area: Canoeing or kayaking down the seven-mile Juniper Run offers you one of the most breathtaking paddling trips in the country. Furthermore, a vacation in Florida is never complete without visiting the crystal clear freshwater spring.
6. St. George Island State Park: Situated on the forgotten coast of Florida, camping at St. George Island is nothing but memorable. The park hosts the third best-ranked beach in the US, the Dr. Beach, which is one of the best RV parks.
7. Fort De Soto Park: This St. Petersburg’s park has everything you would want to explore during your vacation from great beaches to tons of history and excellent wildlife viewing, which makes it one of the best Lake Okeechobee motorhome parks.
8. Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort in Orlando
9. Bahia Honda State Park in the Florida Keys
10. Lion Country Safari KOA in Loxahatchee
Visiting Lake Okeechobee Motorhome parks will leave you with a lot to do, enjoy, and explore.