Many large office desks come with a large price tag, and they can be challenging to customize. However, there are many simple and inexpensive ways to customize your large office desk without breaking the bank! This article will show you easy ways that even the most novice handyman can do themselves.
Easy Ways to Customize Your Office Desk
Desks are trendy in homes with large rooms because they take up a lot of space and can be challenging to move around. Many people will purchase these types of desks online or at department stores for anywhere between $500-$4000 depending on the size and design criteria, such as add-on features like additional shelving units, bookcases, drawers, etc.
- Paint the desk a different color to match your style or decor. You can use some paint samples for this! Tape them on top of the large office desk, and you are done. No need to even sand down, prime, etc.; slap it on there!
- Add knobs to desk drawers instead of handles if you prefer metal knobs over silver pulls. This easy upgrade will take minutes but make all the difference in appearance and function (knobs don’t break off!)
- Swap out drawer hardware – If you want/need more than just knobs, consider swapping out drawer hardware altogether with something simpler like rope-handled baskets or hooks for keys which also double as great storage bags.
- Use clips to hang a large piece of art for a simple, beautiful, and inexpensive way to spruce up your walls. You can also use desk clips with mirrors or even family photos!
- If you love the idea behind using desk clips but don’t want anything permanent on your wall, then try this instead: Cut out some pretty paper that matches your color scheme (or stick with white if it works!) into squares that are large enough for you to grab onto at the top edge of each one. Next, take hinges from old picture frames which match in size and screw them into each corner on the backside where they meet halfway along their length – be sure not to screw too tightly so as not to break the paper. Then, attach large office desk clips to each corner of your picture frames and hang from nails or large screws on your wall!
- Desk floor mats are a great way to keep your feet warm in the wintertime as well as protect those hardwood floors you work so hard for! These large office desk floor mats have an adhesive backside that can be placed anywhere but remember not everyone is going to want one – especially if they’re going into a co-worker’s home someday! You might also try adding a rug large enough for two people by their desks to help them stay warmer during the cold months while still looking professional.
We hope this information has been helpful to you.